Harvard Summer Research Program in Kidney Medicine Application
Thank you for taking the time to complete this application. The Harvard Summer Research Program in Kidney Medicine (HSRPKM) offers a robust and varied introduction to the world of nephrology research for the undergraduate college student who is considering a career in science or medicine. We are committed to building a talented and diverse kidney research community for tomorrow. As part of that commitment, we encourage students who are part of the underrepresented groups in medicine (URM)* to apply.
*Underrepresented in medicine means those racial and ethnic populations that are underrepresented in the medical profession relativeto their numbers in the general population." This includes students who identify as African Americans and/or Black, Hispanic/Latino,Native American (American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiians), Pacific Islander, and mainland Puerto Rican. The definitionalso refers to students who come from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- GPA 3.4 or higher preferred
- Wet lab research experience preferred
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate degree seeking program
- Must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder)
- Must be committed to entire 8+ week program (June 3rd 2024 - August 2nd 2024)
**estimated dates, may be subject to change
NOTE: Each finalist will have a brief Zoom interview with the Program Directors
To complete this application, you will be required to submit the following:
- Proof of US citizenship (US passport or Permanent Residency cards)
- Personal statement
- TWO letters of recommendation (professional or academic) *
- Headshot: 2x2 photo
- Official transcript: an e-transcript should be requested from your University and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
** if you do not send this at the time you are submitting your application materials, it may delay the review process. Please plan ahead and have the transcript request made ASAP.
* NOTE: We prefer letters from Principal Investigators or mentors from previous research lab experiences.
Note: All application materials are preferred in PDF format.
All transcripts must be official. Please submit one official transcript from your current institution; however, if you are a transfer student that has been at your current institution less than one year, please submit a transcript from your prior institution.
NOTE: If your institution does not send e-transcripts you may mail your official transcript to the attention of:
Education Program Manager
Harvard Summer Research Program in Kidney Medicine
75 Francis Street, MRB4
Boston, MA 02115
Questions: HSKP@PARTNERS.ORG 617-732-6020