6th Annual Inflammatory Breast Cancer Patient and Family Forum
Join us on Saturday, April 1, at 10 a.m., for our 6th Annual Inflammatory Breast Cancer Patient Forum. This free virtual forum will provide information about inflammatory breast cancer for patients, their friends and loved ones, and healthcare professionals. All are welcome!
This educational forum will consist of two separate events, both held via Zoom. Please register separately for each event using these links:
- Welcome and Educational Sessions | All are invited
- For Patients, Families, and Loved Ones: IBC Social Work Group | Registration is limited for this session
See the full agenda for this event.
Educational sessions will be recorded and posted to our Inflammatory Breast Cancer Program's web page for future viewing. If you have questions about using Zoom at this forum, please see the bottom of this page.
Welcome and Educational Sessions
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Introduction | 10 - 10:15 a.m.
- Sara Tolaney, MD, MPH, chief of the Division of Breast Oncology
- Filipa Lynce, MD, director of the IBC Program
Informational Presentations | 10:15 - 11:55 a.m.
- Inflammatory Breast Cancer Surgery 101 - Faina Nakhlis, MD and Erin Taylor, MD
- Facing Anxiety with an IBC Diagnosis and Beyond - Julie Salinger, MSW, LICSW
- Immunotherapy in the Setting of IBC - Sarah Sammons, MD
- Q&A Session with Speakers
Clinical Trials Round Table Discussion | Noon - 1 p.m.
- Moderator - Susan Schumer, MD
- Refining Local-Regional Therapy for IBC - Faina Nakhlis, MD
- Screening MRI of the Brain in Patients with Breast Cancer - Laura Warren, MD
- Radiation Therapy with or without Olaparib in Patients With IBC - Jennifer Bellon, MD
- Onvansertib with Paclitaxel in Patients with Triple-Negative Metastatic Breast Cancer - Antonio Giordano, MD, PhD
- Neoadjuvant Clinical Trials Open at Dana-Farber - Filipa Lynce, MD
Patient Advocacy Discussion | 1 - 2 p.m.
- Trish Vickery, IBC patient advocate, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Terry Arnold, founder, IBC Network Foundation
Register for the Welcome and Educational Sessions event.
For Patients, Families, and Loved Ones: IBC Social Work Group
2 - 3 p.m.
Join us for a special social work discussion specifically for IBC patients and their loved ones, led by Julie Salinger, MSW, LICSW. This event requires pre-registration and space is limited, so register soon!
What happens when I register?
You'll receive a link at the email address you provide with info on how to join the Zoom session.
How do I watch the session?
If you are new to using Zoom, please join the event a few minutes early to give yourself time to get online.
Click the link sent to you by email, and you'll be taken directly to Zoom and prompted to join the session.
Have problems or questions with Zoom?
Please visit the Zoom Help Center, which offers step-by-step tips for setting up your device and troubleshooting.
You may also call 617-632-2311 or email email@example.com for additional support.