Registration | 2023 | Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Rounds
**These sessions will be held virtually on Zoom. The link will be sent to those who register with a BWH/MGH/MGB-affiliated email address 1-2 days prior to the session**
It is the expectation of Mass General Brigham and its affiliated hospitals that all members of the Mass General Brigham research community will perform their research in accordance with the highest ethical and professional standards. Principal Investigators, as leaders of scientific projects, are responsible for the scientific integrity of work undertaken in their laboratories and for mentoring the investigators, postdoctoral fellows, and students who work on these projects. Educating staff, fellows, and students in research best practices is the foundation for discouraging scientific misconduct and promoting research integrity. Read more about Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Training.
Who is required to complete RCR training?
RCR training is required of all trainees, postdoctoral fellows, students and career-development recipients supported by training grants (e.g., T32, F32, all K-awards) identified in the NIH notice dated November 24, 2009; and NSF training and research grant supported students and postdoctoral fellows as identified in the Federal Register notice dated August 20, 2009.
What are the MGB RCR Program requirements?
The sessions below each fulfill 1 credit hour toward Part 2 of the RCR requirement outlined above.
- Mon, Jan 23, 2023 | 2:00PM - 3:00PM | The Peer Review Process for Manuscripts | Karen Costenbader, MD, MPH | virtual (Zoom)
- Tues, Feb 7, 2023 | 1:00PM - 2:00PM | IRB 101: Collaboration, Partnership, and Research Ethics | Benjamin Silverman, MD | virtual (Zoom)
- Thurs, March 16, 2023 | 10:00AM - 11:00AM | Academic Medicine, Industry, and Collaborative Research in the Era of Emerging Technologies and Precision Health | Samia Mora, MD, MHS | virtual (Zoom) | this session was rescheduled (it was originally scheduled for March 9 at 10am)
- Tues, April 11, 2023 | 11:00AM - 12:00PM | Managing and Reporting Unanticipated Problems Including Adverse Events | Prapti Bisht, MBA, CIP | virtual (Zoom)
- Mon, May 8, 2023 | 10:00AM - 11:00AM | FDA Inspections of Human Subjects Research | Pamela Richtmyer | virtual (Zoom)
- Tues, Sep 12, 2023 | 2:00PM - 3:00PM | Issues Related to Withdrawing Participants from Study Protocols: Case Studies | Gail Adler, MD, PhD | virtual (Zoom)
- Thurs, Oct 5, 2023 | 10:00AM - 11:00AM | Misconduct of Research Integrity | Paul Anderson, MD, PhD | virtual (Zoom)
- Tues, Nov 7, 2023 | 2:00PM - 3:00PM | Tissue Issues: IRB Perspectives | Martha Jones, MA, CIP | virtual (Zoom)
- Mon, Dec 4, 2023 | 3:00PM - 4:00PM | Societal Impacts of Clinical Research | Gad Marshall, MD | virtual (Zoom)